CU-Boulder’s leadership in aerospace engineering, Earth, and space sciences education begins with world-class, committed faculty and exceptional, engaged students.
Top undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and abroad come to CU Boulder to get involved in unique hands-on design experiences like the recently launched Colorado Student Space Weather Experiment (CSSWE) CubeSat, Sierra Nevada’s Dream Chaser vehicle, and the Mizopex unmanned aircraft system for deployment of novel sensors in critical arctic environments.
Through our multidisciplinary courses, CU AeroSpace Ventures:
- Inspires new generations of STEM students to study Earth and space science and engineering.
- Emphasizes hands-on, experiential learning for graduate and undergraduate students.
- Introduces engineering perspectives to science students and engages engineering students in Earth and space sciences.
- Engages students in vertically integrated project teams of undergraduate and graduate students, postdocs, industry professionals, and faculty members.
- Produces broadly-educated, interdisciplinary, agile, team-oriented graduates who will become practicing engineers and scientists with end-to-end mission and systems perspectives
- Involves K-12 students in STEM outreach to build pipeline of future students