As of yesterday, I have completed my Junior year of college. That seems really crazy to me because it feels like just yesterday when I was graduating high school and moving in to my residence hall my freshman year. Luckily, I only had one final in addition to a final project this week, so I was able to spend most of my weekend doing things other than studying.
Here is a short summary of my weekend:
1. The Kentucky Derby: Watching the Derby is a fun filled, two minute long event. There is coverage all day leading up to the big race, and the anticipation builds for hours. Right before the race, myself and my friends picked our favorite horses, based entirely on names. During the actual race, yelled and cheered relentlessly. As expected, my horse did not win.
2. Cornhole: Once again, we all found ourselves playing cornhole in my backyard on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Playing cornhole is a favorite tradition of mine. Luckily, I won more games than I lost so my competitive side was satisfied for the day.
3. Colorado Rapids Soccer Game: My roommate as able to get me four tickets to a Rapids soccer game in Denver. This was my first professional soccer game and it did not disappoint. The Rapids won 1-0.
Us at the Rapids game
4. Denver Outlaws Lacrosse Game: This was one of the best events of the weekend. I had also never been to a professional lacrosse game. The game was played at Sports Authority Field in Denver, where the Broncos play, as well as the CU vs. CSU game every year. It was Star Wars day when we went to this game, so the entire staff was dressed in storm trooper attire.
5. Men’s League Indoor Soccer: By far the best event of the weekend. My indoor soccer team played our weekly game. Unfortunately, we lost 3-2, but it was one of our best played games in the 4 years as a team.
Until Next Time and GO BUFFS!