You are here
CU Boulder in a Snow Globe
As most of you know, Varsity Lake is my favorite place to be on campus, and it is even more beautiful during the winter. I absolutely love the way campus is glossed with these tiny, glittery snow flakes, which makes the entire University look like a giant snow globe.
When I started my first year at CU Boulder, I was a bit apprehensive about all of the snow. I knew that Colorado could accumulate a lot of inches during the winter, because I grew up here. However, after spending a year in Washington and seeing how two inches of snow can shut the city down, I wasn't quite sure if I would like all the snow that Boulder had to offer. Instead of dwelling on the aspects of the snow that I do not like, I decided I would make a list of things I wanted to do in the snow:
1. Build "Frosty the Snowman"
2. Slide down a giant hill on a tray from the dining hall
3. Snowball Fight on Norlin Quad
4. Enjoy a cup of hot cocoa from the Laughing Goat Cafe
5. Watch the crazy Boulder squirrels play in the snow
6. Go ice-skating on Walnut Street
Hope, Hope, Hope for a SNOW DAY!!!