Well, I can safely assume that everyone has at least heard about the pitiful beat down that was administered in yesterday's Super Bowl. As a Colorado native, and lifelong Bronco's fan, that was one of the most painful sporting events that I have ever watched.
However, today is a new day. I woke up this morning and tried to find a silver lining in our defeat. The best I could come up with was that at least we will still have Peyton next year. However, I have always loved Peyton Manning, so, in an effort to lift some dreary spirits I will offer my personal 5 funniest Peyton Manning moments:
5. Peyton's facial expression/forehead burn combo.
I am not sure if I have ever seen Peyton Manning smile during a game, and his facial expressions are always hilarious. Plus, he always has that goofy red spot on his forehead from his helmet. I laugh every time.
4. His brother Cooper's comments on Peyton's investment portfolio: http://www.sportspickle.com/2013/09/cooper-manning-peyton-eli-dont-know-...
3. Peyton's SNL skit for the United Way: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/united-way/n12129
2. Peyton's Sprint Commercial, "Laser, rocket arms": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9pJWxHB4B0
1. Peyton's Touchdown Celebration: At this point in his career, Peyton is safely considered one of the best ever. He has by now amassed a staggering list of achievements including a formidable list of NFL records. But no matter how important the play, record, or pass, Peyton always reacts the same way: Stoic.
It's like, "C'mon man, can't you at least smile after casually achieving what every single little boy in America has dreamed of."
Thanks Peyton, we didn't get the ending we wanted, but you got us there in the first place.
Until Next Time,