Tuesday, October 29, 2013
It’s the last week of October which means things are getting really interesting in Boulder as well as in the United States as a whole. There are so many great things happening simultaneously, so I want to give you all list of what makes this week one of the best weeks of the entire year.
- FALL COLORS. Boulder is notoriously beautiful this time of year. Between the Flatirons, mountains, weather, leaves and sunshine, Boulder almost stands in a league of its own. Not to mention I’ve seen hundreds of pictures on Facebook and Twitter of sidewalks engulfed in colorful trees the past couple of days.
- THE WORLD SERIES. I was tempted to put this one first just because the baseball being played right now is so awesome. The St. Louis Cardinals (Go Cardinals!) and the Boston Redsox (Boo Redsox!) are currently tied 2-2 in the series. David Ortiz (Big Papi) is batting an absurd .700 and the whole Redsox team is sporting luscious beards while the Cardinals keep finding ways to win. The Worlds Series is a magical time of the year for sports fans, especially if baseball is being played into November.
- THE START OF THE CU BASKETBALL SEASON. Of all sports at CU, the beginning of the basketball season is by far the most exciting by my standards. This year, the team is projected to be ranked in the top 25 in the nation and we have 4 returning starters from a phenomenal 2012-2013 team. (More to come on the C-Unit student section and the successes of the team)
- HALLOWEEN. Back in elementary and middle school days, kids wearing costumes was considered cute. In college, students wearing costumes is outright hilarious. On a side note, banana costumes never get old.
- SNOW. At this point in the year, snow becomes expected which leads to two great outcomes. First, the endless fun of throwing snowballs at friends. Second, and more importantly, ski season is right around the corner.
The list goes on and on but these are some of my personal favorites.
Until next time and Go Buffs!