You are here
Guaranteed Admission Criteria for Colorado Transfer Students
Policy on Guaranteed Admission to the University of Colorado for Transfer Students from Colorado Community Colleges
Colorado community college students are encouraged to apply to the University of Colorado where each application is considered individually.
In addition, transfer students who have met the following requirements are guaranteed admission to the College of Arts and Sciences at CU-Boulder:
- High school diploma or GED
- 30 semester hours of transferable Colorado community college coursework, with a GPA of 2.7 or higher
- A cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher for all college course work, with consistent or improving grades
- Completion of Minimum Academic Preparation Standards (MAPS)
- Completion of admissions application and submission of all required documents by published deadlines
As stated in Regent Law (article 7.C) "The university reserves the right to deny admission or readmission to applicants whose total credentials reflect an inability to assume those obligations of performance and behavior deemed essential by the university and relevant to any of its lawful missions, processes, and functions as an educational institution."
College of Engineering and Applied Science Guarantee for Colorado Transfer Students
The College of Engineering and Applied Science guarantees admission to any of its baccalaureate degree programs to students transferring from Colorado public institutions of higher education who meet the CEAS Guaranteed Admission Criteria for Colorado Transfers.