You are here
How to Apply - International Transfer
You can access the CU-Boulder online application for any open term through your MyCUBoulder account. Log in and navigate to the 'Apply' tab to start your application today. The application for future terms becomes available each August.
Your file will be reviewed after the following items have been received:
- a complete application,
- the application fee,
- all complete and official academic documents,
- personal essays,
- an academic letter of recommendation
If you are academically eligible for admission to the university, your file will then be checked for proof of adequate English proficiency, financial support, and other information required by law prior to issuing immigration documentation.
Undergraduate applications are reviewed and all decisions are made in the Office of Admissions. Missing information or credentials delay application processing and may affect your chances for admission.
Follow these steps to complete the application:
Before you fill out the application
- Create your MyCUBoulder account
- MyCUBoulder is for prospective degree-seeking students who need to take care of university business related to applying and enrolling at CU-Boulder. MyCUBoulder gives you access to the CU-Boulder application, the Common Application, the application status check, scholarship application, visit program registration, financial aid status check and more.
- Review the Submit Required Documents page for full details on the additional materials required to complete your application.
- Gather information to help you fill out the application.
- Permanent and mailing addresses for yourself and your parents or guardians
- College or school and major for which you will be applying
- The names, cities, and attendance dates of any secondary schools and tertiary institutions you have attended or are currently attending
- All courses not currently posted on your high school or collegiate transcripts that will be completed before the term for which you are applying, including term/year, course title, and department (also course number and credit hours for collegiate course work, if applicable)
- Activities, positions of leadership, and academic honors received in high school or college
- Most recent employers, hours worked per week, and dates of employment
- Parents’ occupation, place of employment, and level of education
- Names of family members (siblings, parents, and grandparents) who have attended CU and dates of attendance
Log in to MyCUBoulder, complete and submit the University of Colorado Boulder application.
If you have questions while filling out the application, please refer to the application’s help section.
Note: When entering your name and address on the online application, please use the name listed on your passport and use only “roman characters” (the 26 English letters) - do not use characters with accents, like á, ç, ë, î, õ, ù, etc.
Prior to submitting your application, make sure you thoroughly review your information. If you have corrections you must make these before you submit your application. Make your corrections in the appropriate section and remember to save your revisions. You will not be able to revise your application after you submit it.
- If you need to change your major or term, DO NOT submit a new application. Contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the submit application button ONLY when all sections are marked complete. If you do not complete this step, your application will not be received by the Office of Admissions.
Make sure you have submitted all required documents and credentials. Missing information and/or credentials delay application processing and may affect your chances for admission. Incomplete applications will not be processed until all necessary items are received.
Mailing address for application documents:
Office of Admissions
University of Colorado Boulder
3100 Marine Street
Boulder, CO 80309-0065 USA
Nonrefundable Application Fee ($ 70)
The application fee can be paid online via credit card at the time you submit your application or in the form of an international money order or a check drawn from a U.S. bank and made payable to the University of Colorado after you submit your application (or if using a printed application). If submitting a check or money order, include your full name and birth date so that it can be properly credited to your application.
While your application online is preferred, you can also submit a hard copy application. Download the appropriate application packet from the 'Forms and Downloads' page for full instructions and the complete undergraduate application.