You are here

International Students

Norlin Quad, University of Colorado Boulder campus

Step 1: Evaluate Your Level

If you need a visa to be in the United States, you are considered an international student.  If you are a US citizen with a US passport, you will not apply as an international student.

You are a freshman undergraduate student if you are currently in secondary school or you have earned a high school diploma or its equivalent and have not enrolled in a college or university since graduation. View admission criteria for freshmen >

You are a transfer undergraduate student if you have enrolled at another college or university since graduation from secondary school, but have not completed a bachelor's degree. Preparatory years do no count as university-level work. View admission criteria for transfers >

You are a graduate student if you have completed or will complete the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's or master's degree and you wish to pursue further education (a master's or doctoral degree). Go to graduate admissions website >

Step 2: Admission Requirements

Review the documents and minimum standards for enrolling in an undergraduate program at University of Colorado Boulder:

Step 3: Application Deadlines

View our admission dates and deadlines for the term to which you are interested in applying. Go now >

Step 4: How to Apply

CU-Boulder recommends that students fill out and submit their applications online. Find out how to:

  • Complete and submit an application
  • Submit required documents
  • Check your application status

Click here to learn more >

Step 5: Visa Information

Learn about the student visa process at CU-Boulder. Go now >