You are here
Complete Your Application
Register for the online application here, then be patient. After you have submitted your information, you will receive emails within 3 business days with your username and password for accessing the application.
Please do not reenter your information while you are waiting as this may cause additional delays.
- Review the Preparing to Apply section for tips on what information to gather in advance.
- The online application is secure, easy to use, and allows you to save your work so that you may come back to work on it in multiple sessions.
- Give your full legal name as it appears or would appear on your passport. This name is used for all of your university records. Include former names under which materials pertinent to this application may be found.
- If you are applying to more than one program you must submit a complete application package and separate fee for each one.
- If you wish to apply to multiple areas within the same department, check with the department or program. Generally, if you are interested in either a master’s or doctoral degree in the same subject, one application for the doctoral degree is sufficient. If you are not accepted into the doctoral program, in most cases you will be automatically considered for the master’s program.
- Please note that once you start an application, you will see a "Due Date" in your application profile on your application welcome page. This is the amount of time your application will remain valid in our system, not necessarily the application deadline. Check the Application Deadlines web page for the actual deadline.
- If you have corrections you must make these before you submit your application. Make your corrections in the appropriate section and remember to save your revisions. You will not be able to make any changes after your application is submitted.
- After you submit your application you may view and/or print it by logging back in to your account. We advise that you keep a copy for your records.
Once you are sure that your application is complete and all revisions are final, submit your application and pay the application fee.
Nonrefundable Application Fee
$50 Domestic Application Fee (McNair Scholars please select the check/money order option on the application, complete the McNair Graduate application fee waiver form available on the McNair web site and send to graduate admissions.)
$70 International Application Fee
The application fee can be paid online at the time you submit your application via
- Credit card or
- Electronic check
Or it may be mailed after you submit your application in the form of
- An international money order (U.S. funds) or
- A check drawn from a U.S. bank.
If mailing it in, please make it payable to the University of Colorado, include your full name and birth date so that it can be properly credited to your application (see Where to Send Application Materials).
Once you have submitted your application successfully, you will receive an email confirming the submission of your application and instructions on how to access the MyCUBoulder Portal where you can track the progress of your application.
You will also receive separate email notifications each time a letter of recommendation is submitted on your behalf.