A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | #
Topics beginning with A
- A-21, A-87, A-110, A-133 – this link goes to the original OMB Circulars which will be superceded by OMB's Uniform Guidance.
- A-21 (OMB Circular A-21 Cost Principles for Educational Institutions was modified and incorporated into the Code of Federal Regulations: Title 2, Part 200, Subpart E and Appendices III-VIII) - see top line for original Circular
- A-87 (OMB Circular A-87 Cost Principles for State, Local and Indian Tribal Governments was modified and incorporated into the Code of Federal Regulations: Title 2, Part 200, Subpart E and Appendices III-VIII) - see top line for original Circular
- A-110 (OMB Circular A-110 Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Non-Profit Organizations was modified and incorporated into the Code of Federal Regulations: Title 2, Part 200, Supbarts A-E) - see top line for original Circular
- A-133 (OMB Circular A-133 Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations was modified and incorporated into the Code of Federal Regulations: Title 2, Part 200, Supbart F) - see top line for original Circular
- A-133 Colorado Statewide Single Audit 2013
- A-133 audit report letter for use by pass-through entities (prime awardees)
- A&S Art & Sciences Budget Procedures — A&S Budget Staff — Financial Service Centers
- ACARD (Acquisition Card) – former name for what is now the Procurement Card
- Acceptance of Payment Card Cost and Risk APS
- Access to the Finance System For more information see Finance System topics.
- Access Management Provisioning System (AMPS) manages access for University staff and affiliates who use the various data management applications.
- Account Codes Click on the ChartField & Attributes tab and use either the Chart of Accounts (Excel) or the Quick Reference Card (pdf) to find a particular account.
- Account Code FAQ Scroll to the Account Code section.
- Account Code Legend Explains the abbreviations used in the account ChartField description.
- Account Code m-Fin Look Up tool is available in Cognos > Public Folders > Finance > Look Ups
- Account Code Quick Reference Card (QRC) Handy reference for commonly used accounts plus explanation of CU's accounting conventions. Request a physical card from ABS.
- Accountants—Area Accountants for General Accounting.
- Accountants—Grant Accountants for Sponsored Projects Accounting.
- Accounting Dictionary Links to a commercial site. See also Glossary.
- Accounting Directives Legacy procedural guidance now part of the Accounting Handbook.
- Accounting Handbook (will eventually replace some of The Guide)
- Accounting Standards for Higher Education issued by the State Controller.
- Accounts Receivable Topics:
- Accruals Accounting view of how accruals work at year-end.
- ACH (Automatic Clearing House) Payment and Security Policy Treasurer policy.
- Acronyms – Also see Glossary listings
- Acronyms–Account Codes – Deciphers account code abbreviations used in the chart of accounts.
- Acronyms–University – General acronyms used throughout the campus hosted by BFA. An older list that may be a bit out of date but has some esoteric entries.
- Administrative Policy Statements (APS) issued by the University System Click here to go straight to the Fiscal APS page.
- Advance Payment to Vendors PSC
- After-the-Fact Purchases PSC
- After-the-Fact Purchases (how to enter) PSC
- Agency Affiliation Agreement To establish Agency affiliation with the University.
- AICPA American Institute of CPAs
- Alcohol Topics:
- Allocating Sponsored Project Funding on More than One Campus APS
- Amendment 41 – Standards of Conduct in Government was enacted as Article 29 of the Colorado Constitution. See Independent Ethics Commission which was created by the law and issues opinions.
- AMPS - Access Management Provisioning System
- Annual Financial Reports for the University
- APS – An acronym for Administrative Policy Statement. The Fiscal APSs are listed in this Search Index by topic and title. Click here to go to the Fiscal APSs on the OUC web.
- Area Accountants in ABS
- ARRA American Recovery and Reinvestment Act OF 2009 – An economic stimulus package that must be spent by 9/30/13.
- Art & Sciences Budget Procedures — A&S Budget Staff — Financial Service Centers
- Audit - Department of Internal Audit
- Audit Reports of CU – links to Office of State Auditor; scroll to University of Colorado System
- Audit requests for confidential information guidance
- Audits—Coordination of Audits APS
- Auxiliary Fund Topics:
- Awards, Rewards, and Prizes – See Recognition and Training PSC
Topics beginning with B Top ▲
Topics beginning with C Top ▲
Topics beginning with D Top ▲
Topics beginning with E Top ▲
Topics beginning with F Top ▲
Topics beginning with G Top ▲
Topics beginning with H Top ▲
Topics beginning with I Top ▲
Topics beginning with J Top ▲
Topics beginning with K Top ▲
- No listings begin with the letter K
Topics beginning with L Top ▲
Topics beginning with M Top ▲
- m-Fin reports
- m-Fin reports blog – Stay current on Cognos reports
- Meals for staff appreciation FAQ - under Sensitive Expenses
- Meal Reimbursement on a Business Trip see Travel PSC
- Memberships and Dues – APS
- Mileage Reimbursement for travel on official university business
- Misconduct, Fiscal – Links to CU Internal Audit with information on fraud, theft, abuse, embezzlement, waste, and a variety of reporting options.
- Monthly Close Calendar – illustrates and describes key events during the monthly close
- Monthly Statements, Training to Read and Understand Finance System Statements
- Moving Expense Reimbursement FAQ - under Pay & Compensation
- Moving Expenses reimbursement – see Employee Services page on moving (relocation)
- myCUinfo portal to access Finance and HR systems, CU Marketplace, Cognos Reporting System, Concur Travel & Expense, etc.
Topics beginning with N Top ▲
Topics beginning with O Top ▲
Topics beginning with P Top ▲
Topics beginning with Q Top ▲
- Quick Reference Card (QRC) provides a list of the accounts that departmental administrators are required to use at a minimum to classify assets, liabilities, revenues, expenses, and cash transfers. The QRC also contains helpful information about the University chart of accounts and how accounts are used. The following sources provide current account codes.
Topics beginning with R Top ▲
Topics beginning with S Top ▲
- Salary Topics
- Sales Tax Topics (see also Tax Topics)
- Scanning documents for records retention FAQ - under Miscellaneous
- Scope of Work Form on PSC forms forms page
- Scope of Work - guidance from HR on independent contractors vs. employees
- Security Access Coordinators for PeopleSoft Finance, HRMS, ISIS, DARS, CIW
- Security - IT security and awareness from OIT and IT Security Program APS
- Sensitive Expenses PPS - see related Propriety of Expenses APS
- Sensitive Expenses FAQ - under Sensitive Expenses
- Service Centers: see Internal Service Centers Topics
- SEVIS – Student and Exchange Visitor Information System is a government system to track foreign and exchange students. Universities are required to provide student information updates to the government system.
- SIS – Legacy Student Information System was a mainframe-based system used by CU for 20 years. Oracle's Campus Solutions replaced this system in Fall 2009 and is now ISIS, or Integrated Student Information System.
- SkillSoft online training - select the SkillSoft tab under Training Opportunities
- SNA – Statement of Net Assets is now the Statement of Net Position due to GASB 63 (see also Definitions or Financial Reports)
- SNP – Statement of Net Position (see above entry)
- SOFO – Student Organizations Finance Office
- Sole Source Justification Form
- SPA = Sponsored Projects Accounting
- Special Events is an old term for Fundraising Events
- Special Tuition Status APS
- SpeedType ChartField Forms to set up a new one or modify an existing one
- SpeedType FAQ - under Finance System
- SpeedType: How to Close One – Send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the requirements in the FAQ.
- SPINS (Sponsored Projects Information System) Legacy system replaced by PeopleSoft in 2010.
- Sponsored Projects Accounting
- Sponsored Projects Topics
- Sponsorships section in the Accounting Handbook
- SRECNA – Statement of Revenues, Expenses and Changes in Net Assets is not the Statement of Revenues, Expenses and Changes in Net Position due to GASB 63 (see also Definitions or Financial Reports)
- SRECNP - Statement of Revenues, Expenses and Changes in Net Position (see above entry)
- Stale-Dated Warrants Warrants are those not redeemed within the designated time frame of 152 days after issue date. Use the Warrant Adjustment (WA) form to request that these or other problematic payments be cancelled and/or reissued.
- Standing Purchase Orders Step-by-Step Guide for SPOs
- Statements (Financial) – see Financial Reports
- Step-by-Step Guides on the Training page - how to perform tasks and procedures in various systems
- Stipends – see Fellowships
- Student Fee Policy, Procedures, and Guidelines on PBA website
- Student Organizations Finance Office (SOFO)
- Student Organizations and University of Colorado Relationship Statement
- Student Payments PSC
- Student Retirement Plan APS
- Study Subject Payments PSC
- Study Subject FAQ - under Sponsored Projects
- Study Subjects Payment Log template
- Study Subject Petty Cash Instructions to set up a Fund 29 petty cash fund to pay study subjects in multiple Fund 30 sponsored project
- Subclass FAQ - under Finance System
- Subrecipient Invoice Template
- Subrecipient Monitoring Guide
- Subsystems – Creating a New “Black Box” Upload
- Summer Salary Resources on the Provost's website. Includes 3/9ths calculator, Summer Funding Guidelines and Worksheet, Summer Session Payment Memo, Summer Salary Limitations. There is also a Summer Salary Limitations course in SkillSoft in the Faculty subfolder.
- Supporting Foundation Reimbursement section in the Accounting Handbook
- SURDS Student Unit Record Data System
- SWIFT Code (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) aka BIC (Bank Identifier Code): Contact Office of Cash Management
- System Office for the University of Colorado System
Topics beginning with T Top ▲
Topics beginning with U Top ▲
Topics beginning with V Top ▲
Topics beginning with W Top ▲
Topics beginning with X Top ▲
- No listings begin with the letter X.
Topics beginning with Y Top ▲
- No listings begin with the letter Y.
Topics beginning with Z Top ▲
- No listings begin with the letter Z.
Topics beginning with a Number Top ▲