Self-service resources are available from the menu on the right.► Contact your area accountant or grant accountant if you are unsure where to turn. 

Campus and System offices outside of ABS offer a wealth of assistance, highlighted below.▼

Non-ABS Resources and Help Desks

Planning, Budget, and Analysis (PBA) — The Budget and Finance area in PBA coordinates campus-wide budget planning as well as identifying and allocating the resources necessary for the Boulder campus to excel as a major research university.

Bursar's Office — Processes student bills and payments as well as cash and payments received by departments (sponsored project payments are processed by SPA).

Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG) —  The Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR) and administrator for all externally funded sponsored research on the Boulder campus.

  • Proposal preparation and submission
  • PI's Guide to Sponsored Projects
  • Forms and Agreements
  • Frequently needed information

Office of University Controller (OUC) — Plays a vital role in the administrative infrastructure that supports the missions of the University.

Procurement Service Center (PSC) — Manages and streamlines procurement and payables functions for the University.

  • Finance & Procurement Help Desk:, 303-837-2161 (8-12 & 1-5)
  • Purchasing and Procurement Card
  • Travel and Accounts Payable
  • Procedures
  • Forms
  • Training & Help

Employee Services (ES) — (Formerly Payroll and Benefits Services PBS) Provides employees information on how to get paid, correct payroll errors, and other important pay and tax infomation, and on the features of the benefit plans.

Office of the Treasurer — In addition to providing high-level treasury services to the University, the Office of the Treasurer is also responsible for functions and resources that reach down to the departmental level.

  • Credit card merchant guidelines for those departments that accept payment by credit card
  • Issuing gift receipts for donors
  • DUN IDs and Employer IDs
  • Electronic payment instruction requirements

Internal Audit — Provides independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the university's operations.

Office of the State Controller — The Colorado Office of State Controller (OSC) manages the financial affairs of the State by providing financial information, issuing fiscal policies, ensuring timely recording of the budget, and providing accounting consulting services to state agencies. The OSC publishes a variety of authoritative guidance used by the University such as:

  • Fiscal Procedures Manual that addresses issues associated with the opening and closing of a fiscal year. Additional topics covered in this manual include capital construction, state-required reports, and accounts receivable.
  • Higher Education Accounting Standards to address uniform financial reporting among Colorado’s institutions of higher education.

Office of Information Technology (OIT) — Provides the Boulder campus with IT support and core IT services. The IT Service Center is your first stop resouce center for all of OIT's services.

  • IT Service Center: 303-735-4357,
  • Email and IdentiKey
  • Internet connectivity
  • Telephone service
  • Technology-related questions or problems
  • IT training and security

University Information Systems (UIS) — Provides technical  services and enterprise applications to the University. (Note that UIS is a System office and is different than CU-Boulder's Office of Information Technology, OIT. For local IT help, contact OIT.)

  • CU Help Line: 303-860-4357,
  • User Alert sign-up:, for finance and HR-related email announcements
  • Access Management Provisioning Systems (A.M.P.S.) to access the Finance and HR systems
  • Enterprise services including the following (from the UIS web)