Financial Aid Home


DEC 20 

Last Day to Work Fall Work-Study

DEC 24-25 

Campus Closed

Financial Aid Withdrawal Policy

Official Withdrawals

Official withdrawals from the university are processed through the Registrar's office. How to Withdraw will provide details about procedures, deadlines, and explain how to appeal for a tuition refund.

If the student receives financial aid, but never begins attending classes, the Office of Financial Aid must return all disbursed funds to the respective federal, state and institutional aid programs.

If the student begins attendance and then withdraws from the University, we will calculate how much financial aid was earned based on the number of days the student attended. Some of the aid may be cancelled and the student may owe a bill.

If the student completes 60% of the semester and attendance is confirmed, they will have earned 100% of their financial aid. Any unearned aid will be returned in the following order:

Title IV

  • Unsubsidized Stafford Direct Loan
  • Subsidized Stafford Direct Loan
  • Federal Perkins Loan
  • Federal Parent or Graduate PLUS Loan
  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
  • Other Federal Aid

Institutional and State Aid

  • Institutional Aid
  • Colorado Student Grant

Other Aid (as determined by donor)

  • Institutional scholarships
  • Athletic scholarships
  • Private scholarships
  • Third party scholarships

Unofficial Withdrawal

If a student stops attending all classes during a term without officially withdrawing from school, they may receive all F’s on their transcript. At the end of each semester, our office will review all students who received financial aid and have no passing grades. We will verify with instructors the last day the student attended class and then calculate how much financial aid was earned.  Unofficial withdrawals may also impact the student’s completion rate under the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.