- Student Employment
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Aid Policies
- Financial Aid A-Z
- Site Map
- Veterans Benefits
- Net Price Calculator
- RELATED LINKS:
- Continuing Education
Deadline to Start Earning Spring Work-Study
Summer Financial Aid Application Opens
CU-Boulder Scholarship Application Deadline
Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loan Features for Undergraduate Students
- Subsidized loans are need-based and do not have interest accruing while you are in school or in deferment.
- Unsubsidized loans may or may not be based on financial need and interest accrues while you are in school or in deferment.
- Loan origination fee is 1.051%.
- Repayment begins 6 months after you graduate, drop below half time, or withdraw. Learn more about managing repayment of your student loans.
- Subsidized loans with a disbursement date on or after July 1, 2012 will not be eligible for subsidized interest benefits during the six-month grace period after a student graduates or falls below half-time enrollment. Interest will accrue during the grace period and will be capitalized if unpaid by the borrower.
Fixed Interest Rates
|Date of First Disbursement||Subsidized||Unsubsidized|
|7/1/10 - 6/30/11||4.5%||6.8%|
|7/1/11 - 6/30/13||3.4%||6.8%|
|7/1/13 - 6/30/14||3.86%||3.86%|