Tips for Parents
- Most undergraduates between the ages of 18-24 are considered "dependent" for federal, state and university aid. However, communication from the university including scholarship notification, change in financial aid status, and tuition bills are sent directly to the student.
- We communicate through the student's campus email and most transactions including the MyCU scholarship application are completed through our secure student portal. It may be helpful to remind your son or daughter to forward important communications from the university on to you.
- Student records are protected by the federal Family Educational Rights and Protection Act (FERPA). The FERPA web page will explain what our office can and cannot release to parents.
- Students should apply for CU-Boulder scholarships by March 1. You can view Undergraduate Scholarships to see what scholarships are available, how to apply, and when students are notified.
- To learn more about campus events, news, and resources visit the CU-Boulder Parents webpage.