Financial Aid Home


DEC 20 

Last Day to Work Fall Work-Study

DEC 24-25 

Campus Closed

Non Degree Students

Typically you are not eligible for financial aid as a non-degree student.  However, to qualify for federal loans to help pay for preparatory coursework we offer the following recommendations and requirements:

  • You are limited to federal loans and private loans.
  • You must enroll in a minimum of 6 hours each semester you are receiving federal aid.
  • Eligibility is limited to a maximum of 12 consecutive months.
  • Enrolling in Independent Learning self paced courses (telecom or correspondence) is NOT recommended.

How to Apply

Step 1 Meet with an advisor in the Office of Admission to have the Admissions Counseling Form completed.
Step 2 Bring the Admissions Counseling Form with you to meet with a CE Academic Advisor. The CE Advisor will complete the Continuing Education Course Certification Form to certify that you are indeed taking preparatory courses for an undergraduate program.
Step 3 You will need to complete the Contract for Non-Degree Aid and submit all forms to the CE financial aid counselor.
Step 4 The CE financial aid counselor will determine if you are eligible for federal loans.