Financial Aid Home


DEC 20 

Last Day to Work Fall Work-Study

DEC 24-25 

Campus Closed

Non Degree Students

Typically you are not eligible for financial aid as a non-degree student.  However, to qualify for federal loans to help pay for preparatory coursework we offer the following recommendations and requirements:

  • Enrolling in Independent Learning self paced courses (telecom or correspondence) is NOT recommended.
  • You are limited to federal loans and private loans. If you are eligible for federal loans, it will be at the undergraduate levels.
  • You must enroll in a minimum of 6 hours each semester you are receiving federal aid.
  • Eligibility is limited to a maximum of 12 consecutive months.

How to Apply

Step 1 Meet with a graduate advisor at the school in which you intend to be admitted (Teacher Certification students will meet with an education academic advisor) to have them complete the Continuing Education Course Certification Form which certifies that you are indeed taking preparatory courses for a graduate  or teacher certification program.
Step 2 You will need to complete the Contract for Non-Degree Aid and submit all forms to the CE financial aid counselor.
Step 3 The CE financial aid counselor will determine if you are eligible for federal loans.