Article I: Purpose
To unite Native American and CU students who take interest in awareness of Indigenous issues. We are here to build and give back to community that enriches CU Boulder.
Article II: Meetings
- Meetings will be held twice a month every other week at the Oyate office in UMC 343. Meetings may be canceled or rescheduled by any tri-executive member.
- Time of meeting shall be determined at the start of the semester.
- At the end of April, the end of the year meeting shall be held in conjunction with the regular business meeting, at which time new tri-executives will be elected.
- Emergency meetings may be called at any time by the tri-executives.
- Tri-executives should be present at any regular or special meeting.
- Any Partner who fails to attend at least one meeting without being excused by the tri-executives from attending will be expected to perform more office hours throughout the week (See Article III: Membership).
- Meeting minutes are hereby permitted for the members who are unable to attend any meeting. They will be posted on the Oyate board and emailed to members.
Article III: Membership
Initially on the meeting date when the Partnership Agreement is signed, and thereafter annually at the meeting to be known as the Annual Meeting, or as needed to fill any vacancy, Members shall be elected by majority vote of the Members present, or by appropriate proxy, to the following positions and duties:
- Tri-Executives: Sets meeting dates and locations, appoints committees, presides over meetings, does meeting minutes and sees that the resolutions passed by the Oyate members are carried out, and develops the educational program for the Members.
- Tri-executives are in charge of the bank account and distributing and depositing monies.
- Members will be expected to plan events and also contribute to the overall planning and outcome of the events planned.
- Members will be expected to fulfill a minimum of six office hours every week (This is crucial for keeping Oyate resources and our office).
- Members are also expected to be loyal to Oyate's overall purpose (See Article I: Purpose)
Nominations for Tri-Executive positions will take place in the end of April each year. If absence from the Annual Meeting is unavoidable, appropriate proxies may be submitted before the Annual Meeting to elect Members to serve in Tri-Executive positions.
Article IV: Removal of a Tri-Executive or Member
If a Tri-Executive and/or Member does not fulfill duties required as described in Article III: Membership, that Partner will be notified in writing of the meeting at which removal from office will be discussed and voted upon. At that meeting, the Member may present statements to the Tri-Executives in an effort to retain the position.
Removal will occur if so voted by majority of the Partners present at the meeting or voting by appropriate proxy.
Article V: Guests
Members may invite guests to any meeting of the Club. Everybody is included in the Oyate Native American Student Group, no exclusions will be accepted.
Tri-Executives have the option to have a faculty and/or community advisor.
Article VI: Contributions
Donors and Members are welcome to send contributions to the group.
Article VII: Transactions and Valuation Statement
- Transactions: Buy or sell actions shall be made by Tri-executives.
- Valuation Statement: SOFO will manage our bank account and expenses.