- Student Employment
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Aid Policies
- Financial Aid A-Z
- Site Map
- Veterans Educational Benefits
- Net Price Calculator
- RELATED LINKS:
- Continuing Education
Summer Financial Aid Application Open
Independence Day Observed: Campus Closed
How to Apply for Federal PLUS Loans
Before applying for a Federal PLUS Loan, we recommend you consider these Options for Financing Your Education.
- Complete the FAFSA. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) has to be done every year.
- Apply for the PLUS Loan.
To apply for the loan, the parent borrower will use his/her social security number and federal PIN number to sign in to
studentloans.gov. After the parent signs in, click on
"Request a PLUS Loan." The parent should also complete the Federal Direct PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note, unless we already have one on file.
- Authorize a Credit Check. The parent will be asked to authorize a credit check when applying for the PLUS Loan. The Office of Financial Aid will receive confirmation of the credit decision along with the amount requested
- If the credit is approved, our office will accept the loan in the student portal. If the loan request is more than the parent is eligible for, it will be reduced accordingly.
- If the credit is denied, the parent will have the ability to obtain an endorser by completing the request on
studentloans.gov. If the parent does not have an endorser, the student can contact our office to request an additional unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan.
TIP: Remind your student to check their email and student portal frequently to find out if we are requesting any PLUS Loan documents.
|Calculate your PLUS loan payments|