Instructor, Colorado Mesa University
- Ph.D. Engineering Education, Purdue University, 2010
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2006
- Master Professionnel, Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Arts et Métiers (ENSAM), Metz, France, 2006
- B.S. Engineering, Walla Walla University, 1999
- Engineering education
- Problem solving
- Textbooks in engineering education (the role of textbooks in engineering education, textbook design, and textbook use)
- International educational experiences for engineers
- Acoustics of educational environments
- Thermal energy systems
My research interests are primarily in the area of engineering education. Specifically, I am interested in how the educational environment and various resources (cognitive, epistemic, and physical resources such as textual materials) support student learning.
- Cox, M. F., Cawthorne, J., McNeill, N. J., Cekic, O., Frye, M., & Stacer, M. (2011). Assessing the Pedagogical Impact of the VaNTH Engineering Research Center on Faculty and Postdoctoral Professionals. International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 5(2), 1–19.
- Cox, M. F., Hahn, J., McNeill, N., Cekic, O., Zhu, J., & London, J. (2011). Enhancing the Quality of Engineering Graduate Teaching Assistants through Multidimensional Feedback. Advances in Engineering Education, 2(3), 1–20.