Director, Colorado Mesa University
- Ph.D. Space Fluid Mechanics, Civil Engineering Department, Colorado State University, 1997
- MS Mechanical Engineering, Montana State University
- BS General Engineering, Idaho State University
- ASEE Recognition of Service as Program Chair, 2008 Annual Conference, Engineering Technology Division
- ASEE Recognition of Service as Program Chair, 2006 CIEC
- ASME International, Student Section Advisor Award (1999)
- OIT Outstanding Club Advisor Award (1999/2000)
- OIT Faculty Achievement Award (teacher of the year), (2000)
- OIT Certificate of Recognition for summer activities (2000/01)
- OIT Student Affairs Most Valuable Partner Award (2001)
- ASEE Engineering Technology Division Best Presenter Award for CIEC Conference (2001)
- Engineering education
- Fluid mechanics
Selected Publications (presentations)
- Brower, T., “Systems Engineering in Undergraduate Education: An Activities, project, problem-Based Learning Approach,” AC 2009-261, 2009 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Austin, TX, June 2009.
- Brower, T., "Linking High School Pre-Engineering with University E and ET Programs," to be presented and published at the 2009 ASEE Conference for Industry and Education Collaboration, Orlando, FL, Feb 2009.
- Brower, T., “Thinking Globally & Acting Locally in Oregon,” The Oregon Science Teacher, Jan. 2008.
- Brower, T. and Gummer, E. invited presentations: “Evaluation Model of PLTW” and “Teacher Professional Development Model,” US Dept. of Ed. Mathematics and Science Regional Conference, San Francisco, CA, Feb. 14, 15, 2008.
- Brower, T., Grimsley, R., and Newberry, P., “STEM is Not Just a Four Individually Lettered Word,” AC 2007-884,2007 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Honolulu, Hawaii, June 2007.
- Fitzsimmons, V. and Brower, T., “An Evaluation Model for Senior Project Collaborations,” Session ETD 426, 2007 ASEE Conference for Industry and Education Collaboration, Palm Springs, CA, Feb 2007.
- Brower, T., “STEM is Not a Four Individually Lettered Word,” The Oregon Science Teacher, Sept. 2006.
- Brower, T., “Can Engineering and Engineering Technology Programs Reside within the Same Academic Department?,” 2006 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Chicago, IL, June 2006.
- Brower, T., “Titan Launch Vehicle: A Ground Test History,” AIAA Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp 147-160, September, Jan.-Feb. 2006.