Boulder Faculty Assembly Elections, Spring 2014
The BFA is the voice of Boulder Campus Faculty. Its committees are empowered to investigate, examine, and propose changes or endorsements to matters of concern to faculty, and to call upon the expertise and assistance of any campus office in examining those matters.
Newly Elected BFA Officers and At-Large Executive Committee Members:
|Two Executive Committee Members at Large
Newly elected members take office on July 1st, 2014.
Newly Elected BFA representatives on BFA Committees:
Hun Shik Kim
|Instructor-Track Faculty Affairs
|Nominations and Elections
- Campus-wide nomination deadline: Wednesday, March 12, 2014
- Campus-wide ballot delivery (electronic): Monday, March 17, 2014
- Electronic ballots due: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 at midnight
- Election of BFA officers: Thursday, April 3, 2014
- Election of BFA Committee Chairs: April - May, 2014.
BFA Members: How to run for a BFA Executive Committee position
The membership of the BFA Executive Committee includes three officers, two BFA members elected at large by the BFA, and all BFA Committee Chairs. The Executive Committee meets most Monday afternoons.
- To run for officer and at-large Executive Committee positions:
- Discuss your candidacy with BFA colleagues and ask one of them to nominate you.
- Post a candidate statement on this webpage. (Contact BFA@colorado.edu.)
- All continuing and newly-elected BFA members are eligible to be nominated for these positions.
- Terms are for one year: from July 1 through June 30.
- To run for BFA Committee Chair positions:
- Discuss your candidacy with your committee. Each committee has its own protocol for selecting its chair.
- Once elected, notify the BFA office at 2-6271 or BFA@colorado.edu.
- Terms are for two years.
If you have any questions or need more information please contact the BFA Office at 2-5606 or bfa@Colorado.edu.
Eligibility to Nominate and to Serve on the BFA
- UCB faculty with appointments of at least 50% in any rank within these categories: Research Professors; Clinical Professors; Instructors; ROTC faculty; and Professors except adjunct or 'of practice.'