Requirements for an Undergraduate
Minor in Economics
- Required Economics Courses: Minimum of 19 or 20 hours depending on Principles course(s) taken
- ECON 2010 and 2020 (8 hours)
- ECON 3070 and 3080 (6 hours)
- At least six hours of upper division electives
(Note: students transferring 6 credits of Principles coursework must complete 9 hours of upper division electives)
Students must complete at least one 4000-level course as an upper division elective.
- All course work applied to the Econ minor must be completed with a grade of C- or better. No pass/fail work may be applied. The grade point average for all minor degree course work must equal 2.00 or higher.
- Students will be allowed to apply no more than nine credit hours, including six upper division credit hours, of transfer work toward the Econ minor.
- Students may elect to take one of the following 3000-level Economics courses that are intended for non Econ majors: ECON 3403, 3535, 3545, 3784.
- ECON 3070, 3080, 3818, and all 4000-level ECON courses require a prerequisite of Calculus 1. Students may take any of the following courses to meet this prerequisite: ECON 1088, MATH 1081, MATH 1300 or APPM 1350.
- Students pursuing an Individually Structured Major or who are pursuing a major in Distributed Studies will not be eligible to earn a minor in Economics.