Undergraduate Advising Information
Ken Bonetti & David Rogalski
The Economics Department undergraduate advisors are Ken Bonetti and David Rogalski.
Ken and David meet with students to discuss major/minor requirements, provide academic planning, discuss engagement opportunities/extracurricular involvement on campus and serve as a general resource for our students.
Ken is temporarily located in Room 206C of the Economics Building and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ken's walk-in hours for the summer are 10:30–11:30 a.m. on Wednesdays. To schedule an individual advising appointment or to sign up for a major meeting with Ken, please visit advising.colorado.edu.
Dave is temporarily located in Room 206B of the Economics Building and can be reached at email@example.com. Dave's walk-in hours for the summer are 11:00 a.m.–Noon on Mondays. To schedule an individual advising appointment or to sign up for a major meeting with Dave, please visit advising.colorado.edu.
Scheduling Appointments with your Advisor
Declared ECON majors are encouraged to log in to the advising portal (http://advising.colorado.edu/) to schedule individual advising appointments. The advising portal is designed to show a two-week window of availability. Upon logging in to the portal, if you are unable to locate an appointment time within this two-week window, this means your advisor has a full appointment schedule and you are encouraged to check back in at a later time to secure an appointment.
Declared ECON minors can choose to attend the walk-in hours of their assigned advisor to have quick questions answered or can sign up for individual appointment times by visiting the advising portal.
All declared ECON majors and minors are encouraged to email Ken or Dave with any and all questions that simply require a quick response. Our advisors are constantly emailing students in between appointment times and this is their preferred method of contact.
Please Note: Because our advisors maintain full appointment schedules each week and are busy emailing students in between appointments, we kindly ask that you refrain from phoning Ken or Dave, unless specifically requested.
How to Declare the Economics Major or Minor
The ECON Dept. holds four major/minor declaration meetings each week during the fall and spring semesters. To view the major/minor meeting schedule, please log in to the advising portal (http://advising.colorado.edu/), click the “Major/Minor Declaration Info” button, and selected ECON from the drop-down box.
Ken holds major/minor meetings at the start of his walk-in times at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays in ECON 208B. No reservations are required to attend his meetings and you should plan to allow 15 minutes to attend.
David holds major/minor meetings from 10:15–11:00 a.m. on Mondays and Fridays in ECON 207. Because of limited space, these meetings are limited to five students at a time and you must log in to the advising portal to reserve your seat.
Please note the following information:
1) If you are a student currently completing a major not housed in the College of Arts & Sciences (Business, Engineering, etc…) and you would like to switch to or add the Economics major, you must complete the Intra-University Transfer (IUT) process. Please review the needed IUT steps here.
2) Students looking to add just the Economics minor are not required to attend a declaration meeting. You are welcome to stop by the main Economics Dept. Office in ECON 212 during normal business hours to fill out a minor declaration form.
3) Students with class conflicts during the scheduled declaration meeting times should e-mail an advisor to see if an alternate time can be arranged. If your last name begins with A-L, please email Dave. If your last name begins with M-Z, please email Ken.
Information for Prospective Economic Majors or Minors
If you are interested in the Economics major or minor, you are encouraged to review the specific requirements noted in the links on the side of this page. The Economics Dept. keeps our website as up-to-date as possible with all relevant undergraduate information, so we encourage you to explore all links of interest on our site.
If you have specific questions regarding the major/minor requirements, please feel free to email an advisor with your inquiries.
If your last name begins with A-L, please email Dave.
If your last name begins with M-Z, please email Ken.
Please note: Due to the volume of daily individual appointments and emails, we kindly request your assistance not phoning Ken or Dave with your questions. If you would like to set up a phone conversation, please email Ken or Dave first to set up a convenient time.
General Information of Interest
Students have several options for tutoring in their undergraduate Economics courses.
- The Economics Department provides a free drop-in tutorial lab. Click here for the current semester schedule. Bring your textbook & homework problems when coming to the lab.
- The Student Academic Services Center on campus provides an Economics Specialist to lead group study sessions and do individual tutoring for undergraduate Economics courses. The days and times for the study sessions are posted on the SASC Website.
- If you prefer individual tutoring, the Economics Department provides a list of graduate students willing to tutor students. Fees vary and you can pick up the list from the Economics Department office, ECON 212, or by clicking here.
The Economics Department will provide a qualified student with academic credit for completing an approved internship (3-6 credit hours). Currently, the academic components of the internship course are being restructured to better align with the learning objectives of the undergraduate program and updates will soon be made to the internship page.
The Economics Dept. offers a two-semester sequence that gives students the opportunity to write and present an honors thesis during the senior year of study. To participate, students must carry a a minimum 3.4 cumulative and major GPA. For more information, please contact Professor Terra McKinnish and review the Honors requirements here.
ECON majors are encouraged to schedule an appointment to meet with your assigned advisor to pick up and complete graduation paperwork the semester PRIOR to your final semester on campus to ensure that your major/degree requirements will be completed on schedule.
ECON minors are encouraged to schedule an appointment to meet with your assigned advisor to pick up and complete the Minor Completion Form the semester PRIOR to your final semester on campus to ensure that your minor requirements will be completed on schedule.
All relevant information concerning commencement can be found here.
Please call the Economics Department at 303-735-5500 if you have any inquiries.