PERSONNEL DECONTAMINATION PROCEDURES
- Contaminated skin should be washed thoroughly with soap and water.
Do not scrub the area, as that could break the skin, increasing the chances
of internal contamination. If necessary, emergency showers may be used.
- If the contamination involves a wound, flush the area to remove contamination
and seek medical attention appropriate to the scope of the wound.
- Call 911 if the wound is life-threatening. If the bleeding is not severe,
allow the wound to bleed as an aid in removing contamination.
- Contaminated clothing should be carefully removed and set aside in
a plastic bag or on absorbent paper.
- Notify Health Physics at (303) 492-6523.