CU-Boulder Campus Information Page
On November 14-18, 2011, CU-Boulder will host the 14th annual Accessing Higher Ground: Accessible Media, Web & Technology Conference at the Westin Hotel in Westminster. The conference focuses on the benefits of Web Standards and Universal Design for Digital Media along with strategies for making campus information resources accessible for students with disabilities and effective for all audiences.
The main conference, Nov. 16-18, is half price for all the CU campuses including CU systems. The pre-conference on Nov. 14-15 is available at the standard rate. You must register at http://www.cvent.com/d/kdqhp0/4W and enter your CU email address to receive the 50% discount. Please do not share this url with those outside the CU campuses
Use the navigation links at left to view the full conference agenda, sessions descriptions and travel information. Note that this main confernce site does not link back to this page. Use the back button or enter the url directly to return to this page. If you have any questions, contact Howard Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-492-8672.
Highlights from the program of over 60 sessions
(The titles below link to fuller descriptions of the session)
- Don’t Ask, Do Tell: Making Third Party Web Sites Accessible Without the Owners’ Help and Educating Owners on How to Make Better Sites
- Accessibility Testing in the Real World
- Evaluating web content accessibility - using WAVE to facilitate human evaluation
- Moodle 2 Accessibility: Results from NC State University’s Accessibility Evaluation
- Rolling Craps on Canvas - Accessible Forms and Graphics with HTML5
- Integrating Accessibility into the Design of Online Learning Management systems: Theories and Practice
- Bring your own computer (or not) session: Nuts & Bolts of Captioning Digital Multimedia
- Implementation of a Multimedia Accessibility & Captioning Policy: a case study from the University of Illinois
- Lab: ARIA and HTML5 Accessibility, Jared Smith, WebAIM
- Lab: Working with Accessible PDF Documents
Select "Schedule" on the left navigation bar to see the full agenda.