Accessible Remote Computing
Text and Images from Slide
Remote Access - Windows
- Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
- Built in accessibility features like Magnifier, Narrator and On-Screen Keyboards work well using RDP
- In 2003-04 worked with all major assistive technology vendors to help resolve issues with AT working with remote desktop protocol.
- Now, all major screen readers support RDP but the software must be installed both on the local and remote machines.
- JAWS requires the remote version and authenticates the license on the local machine
- Only SuperNova versions 6+ supports magnification over RDP