Previous | Next
Contents of Virtual Computing Labs at NC State
Virtual Computing Labs at NC State
- In 2003 NC State University piloted Virtual Computing Lab (VCL)
- VCL - reservation based remote access solution to a high ending computing environment
- Goal - provide 24x7 on-demand, easy remote access to dedicated computing resources including monitored root and administrator access to machines
- Uses Vendor-standard remote access protocols and client software.
- The core of VCL is high end blade server. It has been extended to any remotely-accessible desktop computer in specialized campus labs