Frequently Asked Questions for Students

Q: My off-campus apartment or home is heavily damaged from the flood, and I don’t know if I can live there in the near future or at all. What should I do?

A: For assistance with housing, meals, and text book replacement, students who have been affected by the flood should stop by Off-campus Housing in UMC 313 and fill out a Flood Assistance Request form. This form will help our office assess each student's individual needs. The form can also be returned via email to

Q: I can’t make it to class, what should I do? 

A: Students affected by the flood who have challenges impacting their ability to attend classes and submit assignments are asked to notify their professors and instructors and let them know you have been impacted by the flood. Campus administrators have asked faculty to adopting special, reasonable and appropriate accommodations for students impacted by the flood.

If you cannot make it to campus, please contact Student Affairs at or call us at 303-492-8476.

Q. I had books checked out from University Libraries and they have been lost in the flooding/damaged in the flooding. What should I do?

A. Please bring damaged items to the Norlin Library circulation desk as soon as possible. If items have been destroyed and discarded or washed away, please contact Norlin Library Circulation by Oct. 4: or 303-492-7477 or stop by in person.  There will be no fines for overdue or lost items resulting from the floods.

Q: I’d like to help the community flood recovery efforts, where can I find volunteer information? 

A: Students and community members looking for guidance on how best to volunteer their efforts to help with recovery efforts can visit the Volunteer Resource Center for guidance.

Q: I’m feeling overwhelmed by everything that has happened, what resources are available to me on campus and in the community?

A: Students can visit the Information and Resource page to find support and counseling resources, as well as other information to help cope with the aftermath of the flooding.

Q: I have a bunch of debris and trash from the flood, what should I do with it?

A: The city and county are providing trash receptacles for flood debris at various community locations. More information.  

Q: Are there options for students who live off campus and would like to dine/eat on campus?

A. Students who qualify (qualification is made through the Off Campus Housing & Neighborhood Relations) are eligible to receive 30 meals for two weeks at no charge. Students need to go to the Off-Campus table outside of Bookstore in the UMC Monday (9/16) through Wednesday (9/18) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Q: Can off-campus students apply for on-campus housing and if so what is the process?

A. Yes – as we have available space. Students may be housed on campus for either short term or long term needs based on available space.  Students need to complete a housing application at the Occupancy Management office in Suite 300 Center for Community.

Q: My textbooks and school supplies were lost to the flood, what can I do?

A. Go to the resources table in the UMC outside Baby Does for information, or call off-campus housing and neighborhood relations at 303-492-7053.

Q: What is the best way for me to make it to campus for classes?

A: For information on getting to campus, please visit the Getting to Campus page.   

Give FeedbackSee More Photos View Photo