For off-campus Students

Dear CU Student,

We realize this has been, and will continue to be, a time of extra stress and logistical challenges for our campus community. We want to assure you that we are well aware of the issues that still challenge Boulder County and the surrounding environment as a result of the recent flooding. While classes are beginning again tomorrow, the Provost’s office is asking faculty to be flexible in working with students affected by the flood. Please notify your professors and instructors if you have challenges impacting your ability to attend classes and submit assignments.

All classrooms and business services will be operational. It is possible that some classes might be canceled or postponed due to faculty availability, but most are expected to be held as normal.

We also realize that this is a trying time for all and the University is offering abundant resources to assist you.  If you are experiencing flooding in your rental unit, please contact Off-Campus Housing. The office is located in UMC 313, or if you are unable to make it to campus, call 303-492-7053. People affected by the flood, even if they have flood insurance, should register with FEMA immediately by calling 1-800-621-3362.  No matter how big or small the damage is, please report it with FEMA. More information: 

An emergency resource table will be set up in front of Baby Doe’s at the UMC on Sept. 16, 17 and 18 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Off-Campus Housing, Office of Victim Assistance, Housing and Dining Services, as well as academic advisors will staff this table. Information regarding short term/long term housing will be available for students who have been displaced from their rentals. Additionally, information regarding emergency meal cards and short-term meal plans will be provided.  

The Office of Victim Assistance will also be at the table to check-in with impacted students and staff. It can offer information on counseling and advocacy, as well as information about local support and resources. Academic advisors will also be on hand at the tables to assist students with academic needs arising from the flood and its impacts.

If you have experienced minor flood damage, but are able to remain in your residence, again it is important to document the property that has been damaged, including estimated valuations and photographs. Contact your landlord and determine a time frame within which repairs will be made. Understand that the recent disaster is of unprecedented proportions and repairs may take some time.

For more information, please call the Emergency Call Center at 303-413-7730. The Red Cross has an active website as well. Also, don't forget that there are campus support resources available to you should you need them. If after hours, call 303-492-8855.

For the latest updates on public transportation to and from campus visit the RTD website, or Getting to Campus.

Again, we recognize fully the struggles that some in our community and surrounding communities are facing with impacts from the flooding and we will work with individuals to the greatest extent possible to assist them with their needs for as long as it takes to get past this challenge to our community.

Deb Coffin, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs

Give FeedbackSee More Photos View Photo